Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beginning Blogger

I thought we'd give this whole blog thing a try!  We have several friends who blog frequently, and I enjoy checking in on them from time to time.  Joe LOVES to encourage others through scripture, and I LOVE to share about the things going on with our family, so I hope you will check in on us every now and then to see what is new with us and to be encouraged from the Word of God.  I don't imagine I'll be as diligent as some of you "bloggers," but I will try to update every week or so.

The Lord is certainly at work in our lives, every moment, every day.  His redeeming love in our lives is so precious and so evident.  It blesses my heart to watch my children grow, and I see the mercies of the Lord every day in them. We are homeschooling Erin in preschool this year, and she is the best student.  She is eager to learn and has an enthusiasm for life that inspires me as I teach her.  We began with the letter L this week, and I have received tremendous support from our home school community here and from several awesome blogs of other home school moms. She is very active and has a huge imagination.  And as long as Mommy is with her, she loves church, dance and gymnastics.  She has a sweet, sweet spirit, a huge heart for others, and a very strong will.  As we redirect her, it is a blessing to see her will soften, and she has a genuine desire to do well and to do right.  She is motherly and tender to little ones (besides her brother) and is enjoying helping me care for her "NeNe" (more about that later).

Bodie is fifteen months old.  In some ways he seems so much older than that.  In other ways, he is still so much a precious little baby. :)  He loves balls and cars and hammers and to bang things.  He loves to make messes, help clean them up, and wear peoples' shoes.  He's the "bull in the china cabinet" and climbs anything that seems a bit dangerous.  His fear instinct is either undeveloped or completely absent, and if he does not get what he wants, he communicates loudly and clearly!  He is also a cuddle bug, has the most adorable laugh, and is confident, smart, and funny.  He is a joy, a challenge, a blessing.

Joe is an amazing pastor and shepherd of our church, and his days and nights consist of all different forms of ministries.  He is passionate about the Lord, and he is passionate about teaching others about the Word of God.  He deserves the World's Greatest Father award, hands down, and our children adore him.  He has truly put the Word into practice with them.  When he has a chance, he still loves to go "hit the white ball" with friends to encourage and be encouraged by other men of God.  I am so grateful he has them in his life.

As for me, I love being a mom.  I love teaching my children.  I love teaching the children at church.  We have good days, we have bad days, and we have a lot of great days.  I rely on the Lord to make it through all of them.  I have the amazing privilege during the days to take care of Joe's precious mom who has terminal cancer.  Each morning, I just pack up the kiddos, school, snacks, and the things we'll need for the day and head over to her house, and we do all the things we would have done at home there.  I think she enjoys seeing the kids' school lessons and watching them play, and they enjoy spending time with her.  She has shown me how to die with grace, and I cherish -- savor -- embrace this sacred time we have with her.  Having this experience, I have learned that death, as difficult as it is, is a sacred and holy time and a time I have learned to be truly grateful for.  For the Christian, the Bible says there is no "sting" in death and there is nothing to fear;  only in death (because of Jesus) there is victory, completion, and perfection.  It's what we as Christians all strive for -- the Voice of the Father saying "Well done."

Thanks for reading;  thanks for caring;  thanks for loving us.  We love you, too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! I love reading and catching up too, but also am not to good at blogging myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looking forward to keeping up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana - great to read your blog and get updated on your family! Isn't it fun? --Jamie King

    ReplyDelete