Friday, November 12, 2010

Angels' Pillow Fight

I am sitting here at the computer, sipping my delicious indulgence (swiss chocolate mocha coffee) this morning, telling the Lord how much I need Him today and listening to Him tell me how He has supplied all my needs in Christ Jesus, even before I ever asked.  My handsome husband snores quietly in the bedroom;  Erin is snuggling up close beside him in our bed.  My little boy just said "Mommy" in his sleep.  Two cats have been silenced with their breakfast, and Peanut (my dog) has curled up in my lap.  And now, I look outside and the beautiful, soaking, drenching rain that the Lord sent us last night has just turned into gigantic snowflakes!  Let me now just imagine the crackling of a fireplace.  Ah, a perfect morning.  Thank You, Lord.

I love the snow.  Especially this kind of snow -- huge, white, fluffy flakes that look like the angels opened their down pillows from heaven and shared the splendor of their pillow fight.  But I don't love the cold.  My nose gets cold, like a puppy's. :)  And I've yet to find the solution for that besides wearing Erin's clown nose, and who who wants to do that all day?  It seems befitting of the Lord, though, that even though we live in a world that the Bible describes as "fallen" and we bear the consequences of our own sin and the sins of others, the Lord brings us blessings in the middle of the cold.  Each snowflake, like His blessings, created uniquely by our Amazing Creator.

Now, if someone would just volunteer to build me a fireplace... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment