Monday, November 1, 2010

A peak at our week


As you know from my prior posts, we are homeschooling Erin.  We started out with basic preschool stuff and have moved on to Kindergarten.  She is an eager, enthusiastic learner, is GREAT at math, and she is going to be a quick reader.  I got an idea from a homeschooling website, and after we tried it this past week, I love it.  We are focusing on Erin's school four days of the week (we can easily do that since she gets one-on-one time with her teacher all day, every day!!!) and focus on our toddler the other day. :)  The homeschool mom whose blog I was reading named hers "Toddler Tuesday."   But if you know me, I get a little OCD, and I can't imagine breaking our week up like that, so Bodie is going to have Fun Fridays. :)

We worked on the letter H this week, and I thought I'd share some of our work through the week.  This, of course, is not nearly all of it, but this is what I happened to remember to get pictures of!!!


Letter H, covered with Happy faces and Hearts. :)

Her number circle.  I downloaded these from Confessionsofahomeschooler.com and we really like them.  She counts the dots and clips the clothes pin with the correct number on it. :)

She is making words out of her vowel ladder.  She is working on "hat" and "hen" in this picture. :)

We made Haystacks for snacks. :)

And the timing fell perfectly -- H for Halloween. :)


We took Bodie and Erin to Jess and Doris' ranch and saw the Heifers. :)

 She LOVES to paint, so we painted pumkins, too, for Halloween. :)

These are a few of the highlights, with many, many more sweet spots in our week. :)  Here are our beautiful Snow White and Monkey for Halloween!  Have a blessed week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like she's having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sandra, you are my homeschool hero, so I hope I can keep up with you. ;) Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

    ReplyDelete